View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Well, here she is....the first Pace 427SC on the road in Victoria. It wasn't easy going...I've pulled a couple of all nighters this past week but I can't believe how far I've managed to come from only 8 weeks ago.

The first drive was miserable as my sparkie accidentally wired up the 1-4 skip shift function instead of the reverse lockout solenoid, so all I could get was 1st,4th and reverse was a two handed affair to select. Thought at first it might have been a faulty clutch master cylinder and Warren at Pace was fantastic and sent me a new master via express post....thanks Wazza!

A call to Tremec in the 'states and all was sorted. Now I have all gears and she shifts like butter. The second drive post transmission rectification was much more enjoyable. She drives really well and even though I'm still running the motor in, she goes like stink!

Very happy with the way things have turned out so far. Engineering in the morning and off to Vipac on Feb 1 for the IM240 emissions test. Plan is to have her painted and trimmed by the next F1 in late March.