View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Hi 14Adrnln (sorry, I have no idea what your name is),

I'm an automotive spray painter, not a mechanic. I have Pace #7 and I built my car without any formal mechanical training (had never changed a clutch, fitted an engine or fitted brake lines before for example) but had a love of tinkering (obsessed with building Lego as a kid - I think that's why I enjoyed building my Pace!).

Admittedly I was a pioneer in building my car as the (V4) build manual was/is still evolving and while comprehensive, there are still a number of missing or 'TBC' sections (version 5 of the manual remains in development and from the limited extracts I have seen is a lot more thorough/comprehensive). That said, Pace were very helpful with info. Other owner builders are always available to answer questions as we have 'been there, done that'. Besides, a large part of the build is logical anyways.

The FANTASTIC thing about Pace is that they are continually developing/evolving the car including sending out new and improved parts, plus little extras not included in the original parts list for free to all existing owners!

I enjoyed the build experience so much that my next kit car will be a Pace GT40! Call me a Fanboy if you must, but I am convinced that the AP 427SC is currently the best replica AC Cobra out there - on all counts. You can't go wrong with a Pace.

Any questions, just shoot me a PM.

Cheers,
Sime

Last edited by Paintwerks; 07-27-2016 at 04:52 AM..