View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

So updatee.
Btw, here she is just sitting there on one of the nicest days of the year.

So here's what I found. While running at idle I checked with temp gun and didnt see any overheating at either water jets, sending unit, water pump, radiator hose or thermostat housing. Now thats without running car hard.

I took multimeter and confirmed battery is not being charged. So I tested alternator while running and saw 13 to 14v. Then testeted continiuity of wires to battery teminal in engine bay since battery in at back and everything tested out. What didnt test out was diode test. I'm get OL on + and .4 on -. I'm no electrician but shouldnt that be at least .5 or .8? I tested my 427 BBC sitting on engine stand and it showed .8

What I think may be happening when overheating is fan stops coming on once battery hits critical low point which is why it overheats in stop and go but drops to 180-190 at 50mph plus

The alternator ran fine when I dropped the car off. They repositioned it when it was high on engine to a lower postion and did their wiring tricks. Could they have messed it up there? I attach pics of before and after.
Thoughts?
Attached Images

Last edited by RedHawk; 09-11-2016 at 02:35 PM..