Old 01-17-2017, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96535 View Post
Bob,

Whichever blower you decide to go with, please don't settle for a canned tune from the manufacturer. Take your car to Elite Performance in Denver and have them tune it for you. One of the mechanics there is a Backdraft dealer and knows Cobras inside and out. The tuner has done several Cobras including a blown/nitrous Coyote Backdraft car.
That's Lou's Cars, in Littleton. Lou Rivera "retired" some years ago, and only works on fun cars. Last time I was there, he was busier than ever! Come on, Lou, time to retire.

Elite Performance is a tuning company with one employee, and I can't think of his name right now. Lou tunes the carburated cars, and Elite does the EFI stuff. He's pretty darned good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcobra1 View Post
Can make anything fit with little work, I now have the kennebell 4.2 LC on car.ive seen the coyote motor with KB on it. Car ran very well.
In the end, I went with Edelbrock from Brenspeed. Mostly because they have an excellent tune for an automatic car. But also because the inlet is in the front of the blower, and not the rear. The rear inlet may be more efficient, and make a little more power. But this one fits better. I'm not looking for ultimate power. If I was, I would have used a stroker small block Windsor.

NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto