View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_rb View Post
I'm going to put this holley side-topic to bed,before it totally side-tracks the new guy's original topic (which was 390 FE's)

The ONLY Holley carbs on this planet that have accelerator pumps on the secondaries, as well as a vacuum diaphragm, are hacked up Frankenstein rebuilds done by mis-mashing the parts together from multiple carbs (I've seen more of these through the years at swap meets, and on craigslist, than I could count) - buyer beware.

Holley NEVER (ever) offered a OEM carburetor part number that had an accelerator pump on the secondaries, AND had vacuum actuated throttle plates on the secondaries.... NEVER. Don't take my world for it- Call Holley product support.

Mr. Davids2toys- Your Craigslist Holley carburetor is either a double pumper, OR it has vacuum secondaries. It's isn't both, unless it is hacked together junk.

The CJ'sPony Parts listing posted above is for a mechanical secondary (aka: double pumper) carb.

The Holley listing posted above is for a vacuum secondary (non double pumper) carb

Your DaVinci carb in your other craigslist ad is correctly identified as a double-pumper
You are totally correct. I guess when I looked at it quick it appears to have two pumps because the boss is there for the secondary pump, but there is no pump, it is just as you say. It was in a dimly lit overhead shelf and I looked to quickly. My bad and sorry for the confusion. I did correct my Craigslist ad
Thanks
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear