View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkkrawler View Post
100% agree! The C4 rear diff is fixed and the current angle is nearly flat now, so a little angle would help probably. But the sidepipes are a different issue, too close for comfort if I raise the engine a half inch or more, especially with rubber mounts.

I am going to just purchase a lower profile pan and be done with it. The Ford Racing pan is too low and is already listed here in the classifieds section, unfortunatley that's $600 that Summit won't refund on. Cobras aren't cheap!
That Ford pan is listed as 8.1" deep. Take a look at Armando's #406 pan - it's listed as 7.5" deep, so 0.6" shallower than the Ford pan. Armando can also make you one with a longer, but shallower sump if you need to gain more clearance than that.

I was under my car yesterday and I'd say the sump and kickouts are pretty much full length, except for the rear-most 3". It's relatively shallow on my BBF, with the bottom of the pan above the frame rails, and still holds 11 liters. I also had a bung added for an oil temperature gauge. Armando's price includes a crank scraper and the matching pickup.

Road race oil pan