View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cars Limited, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     

Three years ago I finally bought a Mk IV, after 22 years of looking, but never being in the right place at the right time. Mine is AK 1500 (1993) with the 302 efi. It’s a beautfully built car under the skin and by that I mean engineered. It’s also perfectly formed and handles and brakes well. It’s all 427 under there, barring the motor. I made sure I understood the market and buying it has been one of the highlights of my career. However, the downside for me has been the Fox Mustang 225 hp engine. Consequently, I researched to hell and back every option and finally decided to reengineer the car with an all alloy 427 FE. After 14 months it’s almost complete. Not everyone in the AC community shares my vision, but I know it will be fabulous and will in time become a family heirloom. However, I can also understand owners who are perfectly happy with the standard car. It’s economical, easy to own and everyone envies you on a warm sunny day. 15” wheels, anti roll bars and Avon’s transform the car. Good luck and ask online, or PM me of you need any advice. I know this car backwards and as a club member have access to all the Mk IV build records, so can intantly confirm the original spec of the car you are considering.
Attached Images

Last edited by AC Ventura; 02-13-2019 at 03:19 PM..