View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scarboro View Post
With so much duplicity in products & manufacturing, you probably end up with a company 2/3 the size with the same combined profitability.

Being a veteran running of many business combinations, there is not enough money in the world to deal with the nightmares of downsizing such a combined entity. IIRC, the equity structure of Ford correctly, you'd need the Ford family to agree.

I had to laugh at the notion that GM is "ahead" of Ford on electric vehicles. Although probably true, how many whiffs has GM had at the electric market.

My $0.02 priced for value.

Ron
The biggest mistake the Ford family has made since going public in 1956 was not taking the company private when the stock was in the tank some years ago. They did talk with an investment bank about the possibility when the share price was around $1.25.

My mistake was not putting my IRA into Ford stock, I had planned to and was going to sell off enough when it doubled to restock the IRA and ride the rest of the shares. It did hit $14.00 or so so I could have been fat and sassy but my previous market experience made me hesitate. Where is the WAYBAC now Mr. Peabody?

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/