View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     
Default comfortable ride automobiles

Folks my back is in bad shape and my wife is in much worse shape than I. bought a 2016 Ford Escape for her, because is sits at the right height for her to get into and out of and it has enough head clearance for me.

So after owning the Escape for 3 yrs I have learned that the large OD rims with low profile tires allow you to feel a grasshopper, when you drive over it. Maybe it is the all wheel drive, but I suspect it is the SUV suspension that is quite stiff. In short its ride is stiff as any sports car I ever owned. On top of that the seats will make your but hurt in a couple hours and the lack of lumbar support sucks. It does have power lumbar adjustment, but it hits too high for me (and I have a long body with shorter legs). Although it is easy for my wife to get into and out of. Our Grand Marque she can hardly get out of without help.

The 1992 Crown Vic that I owned, road better than my father's Cadillac, and he stated that almost every time he road in it. My 2001 Grand Marque doesn't come close to the 92 Crown, but the 01 has low profile tires. It seems everything does anymore. I expect to get better MPG.

I would like something to take medium to longer trips in that doesn't leave us crippled up for a week, after.

Any opinions on what would be the ideal automobile based on what I have said?