View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
MD427 , yes ..... removing the PCV can increase crankcase pressures . Answer is simple ... a breather in the VC on each bank will let in enough air for that to not be a problem .
I tend to agree with others that the PCV is where I would start since this ( if I read your posts correctly ) just started right after an oil change and wasn`t building up over a time period .
I had to play around with a bunch of different PCV valves before I found the right one .
Pull a few plugs , with that much oil usage , they should be covered with oil .
The PVC check is the easiest one of the solutions to try first . I would tend to write off the VBC baffling as the problem just started and I`m guessing the VC`s have been on the engine for a while .
To be clear we don't really know how long this has been happening. As said earlier, I've put 300 miles on the car in 6 months. But I bet the motor doesn't have a combined 300 miles on it in the 15 years prior to that. And an outside mechanic was doing the annual maintenance, and oil changes. It's possible that it has been like this for a very long time and we just didn't notice due to how infrequently it was being driven.