View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Lots of questions, but no great answers. Lots of data appears to be getting ignored. John wonders why there is no Bill of Sale between Abiden and Haselrig in the court papers. Maybe because one never existed? And while there is the notation about repairing Abiden's car, there is no mention of what car. Anyone who saw the photos of the wrecked 2049 has to know that it was unlikely to be able to be repaired at all given the state of spare parts at that point, and surely not for $400. Not to mention, why would Lanse be paying Abiden to fix her car? It appears they struck a deal on having Lanse repair some body damage on a different car after Lanse agreed to buy the Cobra. There is nothing to show that the note regarding repair of a car was on the back of a document relating to 2049. There are various documents in the case file referring to a series of payments "to pay off the Cobra" as well as CA DMV papers in Haselrig's name following his acquisition. As for what goes in the Registry, we examine the preponderance of evidence and make a judgement based upon it. As I have said previously, I have no dog in this hunt and continue to welcome supported documentation - not speculation - to arrive at the most rational series of events to record the car's history. All input is welcomed, as long as it is supported by factual evidence.