View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 04:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@RZee, Please don't feel we're not trying to help, but the guys that posted have been down that road before (Or know people that have), so they know what they're talking about I can give you three examples: Myself being one. A little background on myself. I've raced Sports Cars my whole life (66YO) and know my way around tool's, building & fab work etc. So finding a Classic Roadster 60% built was a "No sweat" paint the body, fit it, install int. changes wheels and done!! (Wring, Drivetrain, Brakes all done) Well, even using my racing friends and they skills that build took 5+years. Another first-time owner, found a built Cobra right color right motor, just looked like a little work to get it "Just Right" WELL again, he's tens of thousands, into getting it just right now, because we didn't know what was correct and the pieces that weren't (Brakes, wiring, suspenion, all needed work). Third story a friend found an unbuilt kit, (Known manufacture) look like everything was there, so he's sent it to a known builder (Of Hot-Rods) They could put a kit Cobra together, and yes they could, but much of the parts that came with it were non-useable Mustang parts, by the time he was done he, along with us two, we could have brought 2-completed cars each, with what we spent on our first one. My advice buy a well built (Completed & Sorted) name brand (FFR, ERA, Superformance,etc) Use the first or second owners' money You're going to get to drive it right away, and trust us, you still will have to work on it, these Cobras like to be tinkered with Hope this helps, Cheers TommyRot.