View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post

Finally, sorry if I sound harsh above, my posts are not meant this way at all. They are cut and dry though, without sugar coating at all, and hopefully will make you stop, look, and listen before going any further.

Bill S.
This is how I feel about these kits that sit in people's garages and sell second, third and sometimes even 4 or more times. People come here and find that they are incomplete, require lots more skill than they think (it's not like putting together a plastic model) and forget about the amount of time and effort it takes. Plus all the tools and as most that have successfully done it, either have a lift, get one, or wish they had. If you start it when you get it and focus on it it will tie up your garage spot for a year and take you away from your family.

Then you get to start the year-long task of "sorting it out".

Buy a completed car. Start driving it and enjoy it.

On the other hand, if fabrication is what you want go for it, but but be forewarned that if it is your first the Cobra is probably the most difficult "some assembly required" kit to start with. Find a t-bucket. Anything but a Cobra will have a much higher chance of a successful first-time build. Learn the skills on something that is much more forgiving.

Good luck.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 02-13-2022 at 02:07 PM..