View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
If I had the lack of common sense to buy one of those, I'd smack myself over the head as I could have bought an original 60's built car for less

Bill S.
This is very true. You can get a really sweet primo 289 car for under a mil. And have a true vintage racer.

I have to say that I don't get this one. This isn't a real Cobra replica in that the frame and engine are truly modern. It gets a CSX4000 series VIN (see, they aren't all assigned) but isn't a CSX4000 car.

I'd still like more info on the new frame.

And as far as really racing it, a 800HP engine isn't really a race engine. That much horsepower in this light of a vehicle with the short wheelbase is a death trap. We already know that from Shelby's own experiences with the Super Snakes. In practice I can't think of any time or place where these would be raced.

Frankly, I think the body just standing there is a piece of art and wouldn't mind having one if I had the room to show something like that. I'm not a naked carbon fiber fan (just like I don't care for naked aluminum) but I think this is stunning. It wouldn't do to just sit it in the middle of the living room, it would need to be displayed in a proper "light box"

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 02-16-2022 at 04:43 PM..