View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargie View Post
No idea what it is. Dig in and see what you learn from the car and seller. Looks like the seller isn’t looking for a lot of money for the car. What matters is what you like. As many others have noted these are not investments. Consider what’s important to you. I’m personally on my 4th and likely last replica. First 3 had significant budgets constraints with compromises while the current is essentially what I wanted and could finally own. You can change lots including seats, roll bars, wheels etc. Enjoy the education and search, talk to other owners. Most are happy to show you their cars and share their knowledge. Hope you figure this one out. If it’s not right keep looking. There was a Factory 5 for sale on this site in the same price range that might work for you and another on FB market place. Don’t know the cars but they’re around with others.
PhotoPost Classifieds - Cobra Factory Five MK II For Sale - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Well said. All outrage aside - depending on the asking price (not sure what it is) this could actually be a viable starting point for a nice Cobra build. The body looks more accurate than a few - ahem - more popular brands and if it also has a decent chassis and suspension, the rest is mostly easy cosmetic changes. The hardest part I can see is redoing the roll bar holes in the rear deck after ditching the PVC-looking abomination that's mounted now. Dash, scoop, tail lights, seats - piece of cake if the basics (chassis/drivetrain/steering/suspension) are sound. For the right price, this might well make a great budget build.

As for these OP's who come on here asking folks to take time to ID a Cobra and disappear without a word; I stopped caring long ago. I really enjoyed the detailed research into the different brands years ago when I was looking to buy and these threads let me relive that a little.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...