View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmatth View Post
I received my intake on Tuesday from DCE out of Connecticut, I should have received it Friday but UPS had other plans. I finished up everything needed to install it, I did have to move my fuel pressure regulator up a couple inches, but after that it bolted right on:

After that I finished the last few connections for the gauges and alternator I wanted to wait on until the intake was installed, I'm stoked about the way it turned out:

I then tried to start the car, it would only crank but not fire. I ended up finding out the battery in the car would charge to 12.3ish volts, key on the fuel pump kicks on, voltage drops to 10 something volts and wouldn't recover once the pump was primed. I changed the battery out and it fired right up. Here is a short video:

Sadly my tach got filled with water, likely because I have a few leaks in the shop but thought it was in a "save place", that was not the case, that caused the glue to go on the needle. The tach was acting up last year so it was time to be replaced anyway. These are no longer in production so I went with Autometer this time, not ideal but I'll switch them all out eventually.

I have a bit more to put back together and it'll be ready to drive around in just a few days. Woo Hoo!!

JB
Congratulations!

Intake looks good, BTW.