View Single Post
Old 05-25-2024, 09:10 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Buying a turn key replica is great but check how your state registers them. Here in this republic of California they won't let you register a turn key replica. You have to get the engine and transmission from some other place and then have it installed. That is how the Superformance Cobras are treated anyway.

Ron
Ron,

This is not a "turnkey car" as has been known in the past. This is a Federal Program with NHTSA and EPA to allow replicas powered by current EPA conforming powertrains. While 39 applications have been approved, how many have you seen available? Most of the "manufacturers" are nowhere near certified production. One of the sticking points is that the vehicle replicated must have been a "production" model, not a "concept, etc." I am surprised the Jaguar, Porsche and Ferrari models are approved as any replication of a vehicle from an existing manufacturer must be licensed from that manufacturer. A model from a company that no longer exists is no problem but if you want to do a 53 Corvette you will need the blessing of GM.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/