View Single Post
Old 06-05-2024, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Remember, there are two clues to your problem: 1) Your car originally ran great, but now is running like crap; and 2) An abundance of heat accompanied that change in performance.

Now, you could have more than one thing wrong with your car, but probably not. But maybe. Not everything that could go bad on your engine is going to cause both symptoms. But if you think really generally, the problem is likely to be 1) Too much air in your fuel air mixture; or 2) The spark is firing at the wrong time. Possible problem #1 could have the air coming in through the carb, or from somewhere else; and problem #2 could have a couple of different causes. Now, it could also be a bizarre combination of something else, but those are two most likely scenarios.
Great synopsis. Starting with the two clues that appeared together.

I have been concentrating on eliminating the carb as an obvious culprit of #1. First, the rebuild by a trusted source. And now, I need to complete the tuning per Holley instructions. Taking my time here, trying to be methodical. I will report back as soon as I can confirm completion of the Holley tuning instructions.

In the meantime, I do appreciate all of the suggestions and feedback.