Thread: Pat's Burnout
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ERA- a controlled burn out??? I guess if your sandle got caught and made the gas pedal get stuck all the people standing so close could have grabbed hold of the car and kept it straight. The officers who condoned this should have gotten a rip from their Chief. If you want to do a burn out go do it in a lot all by yourself with no one around. You have to remember that lots of people read these boards and some younger adults. This kind of irresponsible behavior shouldn't be applauded. Many people here on the board get on the ricers for doing the same thing. I'm not saying you have to be a Saint. But, that was way over the top. Take it out on a lonely road with no one around where you subject only yourself to harm and tickets. You subjected yourself to tremendous liability had something gone wrong. It's all fun and game until someone gets killed. Was that a little old lady at the end of the line when you did the last burnout? Yes my car is running and I might just do a burn out in my driveway. .

Turk - no I wouldn't commit a crime. If I do I lose my job. My car will be registered as a 2001 Roadster until NY passes the law allowing it to be registered as a 1965. Controlled burnout? Hardly. Police supervision? Hardly, it would have been under a closed coarse. I sure you know police officers aren't trained for cobra burnouts. Would you like to give a copy to the police chief and see what happens?

I was the one who had to pick up the pieces and explain to parents when a hot rodder lost control of a burnout just like yours. 1 kid killed, 15 to the hospital with serious injuries. Not only did the driver want to kill himself afterwards he went to jail for 5 years for manslaughter. It was all fun and games until then. That cruise night was cancelled for good after 20+ years in the same location.

Enough of the lecture. Not saying guys shouldn't be guys, but at least don't play into the crowd and do something stupid. I'm glad no one was hurt. Next time pick an empty lot or an empty road. Let's be a little responsible.

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage

Last edited by creeper; 07-11-2002 at 11:58 PM..