Thread: Pat's Burnout
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

This thread bothered me enough to have spent more time on it than I should. But I did. My motivation was folks claiming to be so self righteous that they cross the line between being concerned because they really care and to be seen preaching.
So I went back and did a search.

This is after creeper whom I knew to be a "police officer" claimed he would never commit a crime. I beg to differ.

Taking the law into your hands because some kid "keyed your car" would be a crime. It would not be very becoming of you. Your Chief would regard that to be a abuse of power. Suggesting others to do the same also could be categorized as being "irresponsible".

On another occasion "taking a bat" to deal with a situation could also be regarded as NOT the most responsible thing to do.

You see, creeper...we all have it in us to behave antisocially at times. I could not sit here and tell you that the numerous burnouts performed by many that night were the most responsible thing they ever did, nor can I argue that they were so well supervised that it was 100% safe. I can't do that.

I guess we all do some irresponsible things, once in a while. It is just that we don't look for an opening to chastise others when such an opportunity present themselves.

I am sure you too have done a thing or two, you prefferred your kids or those in here never found out. God knows I have. Many a time I walked away asking myself "WHAT WAS I THINKING"?

I don't know a single soul out there who bought a Cobra because they always drive the speed limit 100% of the time. I doubt it you are the only exception.

Honestly I am not picking a fight with you or trying to pick on you, I am after any hypocrisy that may be laying around your daily activities.

If your criticsm of what we did was purely for your concern for our and the other's safety, I apologize. I just don't think that was the case.

I have to be careful if I ever drive through your jurisdiction, I hate getting a speeding ticket for 2 miles over the speed limit. Are you EVER off duty?

TURK
I thought your concern was insurance!