View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Creeper,
Re-read all the posts. No ONE said there were, "high embankments" in place. What they DID say, was that we are working on safety barriers for dowtown London next year where, with the Safety Directors blessing, and the Police Chiefs blessing, et.al., there will be burn out contest for those that are interested in "showing off."

There will be bonus points for Turk/ERA type exhausts! (Gotta get some)

Just trying to explain a litte formalities here. This IS private property. It WAS done with the owners permission and actually was requested.

The Police were being paid by QS & L restaurant (special duty) with a supervisor also on duty. (No point being made here, just more facts)

NO laws were broken...period. Did it become hazardous to your/their health? Yes it did, and it was shut down. A simple burnout under semi-controlled conditions is no more dangerous than doing it in your driveway. When it got to the point where a guy was doing a burnout the entire length of the road..that was too much.

I wish you could have been there, you would see that it was not as it appears. Ie; I was there when Pat held up his hands! It was after the burnout and he was within, just feet of coming to a complete stop.

DV -- retired Cop of 25 years, 9 months. Chief DeFective in charge of "Accident Investigation", CPD, average of 54 fatalities a year and that doesn't count the mulitple fatals. I remember every detail of every fatality in that time period.

Could it have been safer, ya probably so. Will it be next year...absolutely! Next year we get to take passangers for the burnouts! Drive smart guys!

Last edited by Double Venom; 07-14-2002 at 08:52 PM..