View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re:

Kingbone,

just a thought...

excluding original Cobras, IMHO - I believe that 1st time replica Cobra buyers go straight in looking for a 427 body style Cobra, regardless of engine size; either big block or small block. New buyers help to contribute to the supply vs. demand vs. price factor. And, most newbies don't know much about FIAs, other than they look a little different than a 427SC, narrower, etc.

Think about it when you were first looking, what did you buy and why, the first time around?. Me too. 427=Big/Wide flares, menacing look - at a first glance. (Early Perceptions right?)

Then like fine wine and as you develop your taste, the FIAs, Slabsides, and others become much more apparent and you learn more about them. The history and the appreciation for the FIAs sort of wins you over vs. the in-your-face 427 SC.

I think there are fewer 1st time buyers for replica FIAs vs. 427 style replica Cobras and this "could" be at least one contributing factor as to why we see such incredible deals on ERA FIAs, Unique FIAs, Kirkham FIAs, etc. But this is good news for those buyers with fine tastes, and you too.

So, take advantage of this and have fun. I plan to build an ERA FIA or a Slabside car in the future when I'm done with my 427 SC down the road. If you buy it right, and build it right, with the right components, there should not be a problem with resale later. If anything, the FIAs are getting to be more desireable now because there are so many 427 style replicas out there.

Good Luck. Let us know what you do.

Last edited by decooney; 02-19-2003 at 10:14 PM..