View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I just realised how cheap axles are in the US!!!!!
Moser axles for under $300-
We pay $950-AUD ($560USD)....

1350 pinion $120
We pay $340 ($200USD)

Maybe I should have a look at getting them sent out after all....

Ron, Strange realeased a Street Axle a while ago, but they seem more interested in the cycling / twisting fatigue strength than the heat treatment of the bearing end....
Strange Engineering, long time leader in Driveline and Suspension products for professional motorsports, is pleased to announce the availability of a premium quality axle for the high performance street enthusiast. Known as Strange S/S STREET AXLES this totally new product is CNC machined form superior grade forgings selected specifically to ensure optimal induction heat treatment. Hobb-splined before heat treat, Strange S/S STREET AXLES insure a fatigue resistant, precision spline fit for every application.

Strange Engineering designed the tooling to induction harden each axle to efficiently resist the bending loads while allowing torsional twist needed for street performance. As found on all Strange 40 spline PRO RACE AXLES, the Strange Radii Ring is employed on each axle above the precision ground bearing diameter and bearing shoulder radius to minimize stress in this area.

Ahhh, who knows - maybe I'll just get the race axles and stay away from gutters
How's your car coming along?