View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

I bought my weatherstrip from J.C. Whitney and it worked great. I used # 81ZX0162P, 5/8" wide 3/8" tall for the hood and trunk and # 13ZX3229X 5/8" wide 11/16" tall for the doors. The strips come in 10' coils for $17.99 @ and are self-adhesive. If you go to the Whitney web site and do a seach for weatherstrip you will see it. 3M also makes a line of similar strips but slightly different shapes available at most auto stores.

Enzo doesn't like the self-adhesive stuff for some reason but I liked the idea of not having to mask off the paint to prevent the 3M adhesive from getting all over the place. I used this strip on my hood, doors, and trunk with no problem. Two years old now and no evidence of failure either from wear or adhesive failure. Just be sure to clean the mounting area well with wax, tar, and oil remover first to ensure a clean surface.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."