View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

My car came with the S&H's But with the two pieces of perferated metal and foam element. I had to cut the metal rings to make a slight taper on one side of each cleaner. The hood comes over the front 1/3 of the front aircleaner and the rear air cleaner hits in rear of scoop.I have K&Ns in hand and all this s--- started with trying to make a little clearence for the K&Ns. A lower intake and a single four should be able to get a massive aircleaner under the hood.
In the days of Gallaxeys you could run the element for the tripower or dual four in the oval aircleaner. You could even stack elements. Take that with the current technoligy and you can buy any brand of hi-flow elements.If I was scratch building a car .I'd go with multiport FI- a large single four air door and cover it up with a big air cleaner.I really like personal improvements- modifactions and functionality.If it doesn't work then why?
Do you think that the race cars of that day were the same for each race. If they thought of an improvement that may even be legal they wouldn't appy it?Heck read the Daytona Coupe story. when it was turned over to that brit that Bondurant went and made a deal with other cars for fat NASCAR tires. Those cars were in constant evolution ,untill Ford took over and managed it into the ground. In the authenticity game it's all or nothing and they look at numbers.