View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Another Newbie Looking For Advice.......

Hello,
As you can see, I’m new to this site, and I’m glad I found it. I am about 80% sure I want to jump in and build a Cobra replica. I am no stranger to mechanical work although I am now in the computer industry. In a prior life I worked for a local company (now defunct) called Performance and Classic Cars Unlimited. We were around in the late 70’s and early 80’s in the Smyrna area. The owner specialized in Shelbys and Panteras, and we vintage raced a 427 S/C and a 289 Lemans roadster. So I do have a background in the real cars. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money for a real one, so this is my only alternative.

I’m posting here to ask what kit you might suggest. I do have a budget. In fact, I am trying to decide between this and a new ’04 SVT Cobra, so that gives you an idea of the money I can spend. I have visited the Factory Five site and some others, but I need some expert advice from those of you who have been where I’m headed. I would like to see some of the different kits to. Do you guys visit some of the cruise nights in the metro area? Do you have any other get togethers that I might crash and actually see some of these kits?

Thanks,
Scott