View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     

Scott,

I'm a new owner. Bought my car already built though. Practical reasons and it's cheaper/quicker than building it myself... and the woman doesn't get peeved cause I'm in the garage every free moment of the week. It's a FFR and I had planned on owning one from this manufactuer for YEARS (had the postcard thumb-tacked to my desk). Main reasoning being... I love Mustangs - been through 21 of them ranging from 1965 GT Fbk to a 94 SVT Cobra .. but most were 5.0s and SVOs ... so it made sense to me that I should stick with something I know. EFI and Mustang parts. The versitility and sheer massive amounts of aftermarkets parts that can carry over to the FFR is endless. Mustang this ... Mustang that. You get the picture. Then there's the price. I'd love to own a Superperformance (built to suit) or a Kirkham (just something about it actually being aluminum) .. but I know my limitations... and my wallet's limitations. There was a time when I would have liked nothing but seeing a big sideoiler sitting between the rails - thought that a fuel injected motor just doesn't quite look right when you pull the hood ... but I got over it. This FFR I bought is sweeeet. If someone wants to critisize it cause it doesn't LOOK like an original, then they're showing their ass.

If you're an old Big Block Carb guy .. go for it. Stay with what you know. I have a few friends that own Uniques .. they're VERY nice. Seen more than few of them ripping up the Grand Prix track in Talladega - and was awe-struck. I only wish FFR made a 289 FIA kit .. that is my favorite.

You're welcome to come by and look at mine anytime we can agree on a free evening. Rides are free. Just ask. I'm in Marietta near the East/West connector.