View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 12:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default More progress on the weekend

I finally got the gearbox mount and crossmember finished. It's turned into a steel and eurethane sculpture but it looks like it'll work a treat. The T56 is a very long gearbox and it doesn't leave much room for a mount on the Classic Revival chassis. I had to slice off the original cross member mounts and fabricate a whole new set up.

I dropped the body back on to work out the clearances for the headers. I took the opportunity to check out what the relocated shifter was like. I spent at least half an hour sitting in the car and making broom broom noises whilst shifting gears. I'm very happy with how the shifter has turned out.

There is plenty of room around the motor to work on things. It's surprising how compact these LS1 motors are. Fitting the headers in will be easier than I thought.

Bernie, I was out and about on Saturday picking up steel and welding supplies and I dropped in to McDonald bros to see your car. They were closed by the time I got there but I could see your car out the back. They had a nice green Cobra on the show room floor too.

Here are some links to a few progress shots:

Gearbox mount.
Engine Bay
Interior

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 08-11-2003 at 06:45 AM..