View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Actually, this is an interesting question. I think the answer to it is that there is no clear answer to the question. If you recall 6 or 8 months ago when SPF got Shelby's trade dress and infringement claims tossed out of court, part of the reason the court ruled in favor of SPF is that there was no clear consensus as to whether the general public looks at a Cobra and recognizes as a "Shelby Cobra." In fact, (if my memory is correct), the report the court relied on, in part, in rendering its opinoin was prepared by Shelby's own expert. The report, which was based on a poll of random people, found that people identified the car as, among other things, a "Cobra", "Shelby Cobra", "Ford Cobra" and "AC Cobra". Thus, to the general public, I think there is no true answer.

However, I agree with Evan. To those "in the know" and who are familiar with these cars and their history, they can only be Shelby Cobras.

Black Jack- You didn't have to buy a 289 street car, Peter would likely sign anything for a pizza or steak

Rick- Next time you go up there, bring a box of donuts and see what it will get you.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."