Thread: Cobra snobs
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Isn't that the million dollar question.

How about what makes an "econo" Cobra owner have a huge chip on their shoulder?

It all has something to do with "lightening up", which we all need to do from time to time, some of us from minute to minute... Something about the human condition keeps us from maintaining perspective.

As a newbie Cobra owner, my interpretation of this is that people are affected by how other people treat them differently when they drive a Cobra. They love having their egoes stroked. The bigger the ego, the more their panties get in a wad when 1) someone downs their car because it's not 'decent', or 2) someone in an 'indecent' Cobra is getting the same attention as them for a fraction of the cost.

My Cobra is currently in the shop getting ready for "prime time", and I had to drive my run down, hail-damaged, '89 Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup to work this morning. I pull up behind a Nissan Altima with four apparently high school age girls inside at a red light. I notice the girls are all looking back at me and giggling at my pathetic state. I briefly imagined how they'd be peeing their pants if I was in the Cobra instead. I could only shake my head at their utter shallowness. A similar phenomenon to Cobra owners pissing and moaning over whose car is better. Pathetic, huh?