Thread: Cobra snobs
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     
Default Re: "Purists to a Point"

Quote:
Originally posted by StephenC

....What was really interesting is the feedback from other forum members. They pointed out that this "purist to a point" was driving a yellow Cobra, hardly an original color. As it turns out, he was far less "pure" than originally thought.
ERm....Wasn`t THE first Cobra a stunning Pearlescent Yellow?(for a while, at least!)

I know a couple of Real Original Cobra owners, one of whom can`t even bring himself to say the word 'replica', let alone acknowledge their right to exist!!! Another,(and I`ll name this one...Nigel Hulme) has been involved closely with the replication of (as was) his car 39PH(CS2131) and the development of the Superformance Coupe.

Then there is a replica owner who`s car is better engineered than the originals, so he mentions that at every opportunity.

We all know of Kits from the past that were 'not as good as....' but I think that everyones game has been raised now to the point where people have deeper to look to find the justifications for their snobbery.

At the end of the day, you`re better off making your car the way YOU want it....

and like my Mother used to say...." If you can`t say something nice....shut the F cup!"

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68