Thread: Cobra snobs
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Default Circle the Wagons!

Hey Jim.............

Since I don't have an engine (yet), I sorta' fall in the middle between the SB crowd and the BB minority.

It's been my observation of several Cobra forums over the last six months that the BB people seem to have a "siege" mentality. They are constantly being assaulted, questioned, harassed, and made the object of what amounts to an on-going comparision of engine size to a particular body part. All this from the SB group. There appears to be a never-ending struggle that both sides seem to greatly enjoy. If possible, both sides look "down" on the other.

Where else can you have so much fun?

67Cobra: Give me a break, I couldn't have built a car if I had wanted too. Even if I had, I would have refused to ride in it. I do good to check the oil level and air pressure in the tires. I recently installed a tach in my GTO. I took out an ad in the local newspaper to express my joy and pride (is it possible to have negative rpms?)

You gotta' do what ya do best. In my case, it's writing a check.

"There ain't nuthin' fun about havin' money in the bank."

"If I were smarter, I'd probably know a lot more."

Last edited by StephenC; 08-20-2003 at 01:36 PM..