Thread: Ffr Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

I've owned two FFR's so far, loved them both, will own another one some day........First was a simple yet elegant 351W/385hp Ford crate engine powered car, the second was a monster of a car with a 347 stroker and a Vortec "T" Trim supercharger..(487HP/408ft/lbs torque).......Far too much useable HP for the car...................

So, with that said, why are you considering a big block for your car??? is it nostalgia, or do you have a nice drivetrain already sitting in the garage...As far as thoughts on the build up, each cars is a work of art in itself, each one is an extension of it's owner, and their talents in the build. if you have the talent, I say go for it...If not, then perhaps finding something already built close to your specs may be the better choice...........................Finally, as someone who has had all three rear end configurations, go for the IRS if you can afford it, you will not be sorry......

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS