View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Gary,
You are "NOT asking for it", you are in a (civilized way) stating your disagreement with what I said. You are entitled to it.

If someone didn't like the pricing policies of SPF and elected to make their opinions heard and felt necessary to refer to Jim Price as a "POS" I believe, me and the other moderator and the administrator would exercise the same discipline.

There is a discussion going on in here regarding the value (or the lack of) a specific car. I personally agree with the looks and shape of that car as being less than what I would like. I also have a serious problem with the pricing of it.

However the reference to the guy who is responsible for much of what has brought us all here in the first place as a "POS" is not necessary to make that point.

There have been many spirited discussions regarding who Shelby is or isn't. This thread wasn't about him, it was about one of his cars and what someone paid or didn't. Does he have to be referred to as a "POS" even in this somewhat tame thread? Is that the only way to make the point?
Money "grubin" yes, POS. NO!

The moderators are ever so vigilant when the participants start slugging it out and revert to name calling, that is when both participants are present.

I feel it is my obligation to defend against the slander and name calling when the recipient is not even here to defend himself.

As for your critique of a Moderator's duties I will say, you are entitled to them. I still would not call you a POS and expect you to like it because of something you did or say sometime in the past.

"Serious admonishments"
I don't personally feel that way. Then it's me.

By your own admission you don't frequent the board often enough and therefore you are spared the constant admonishment of an 80 year old automobile icon.

Those of us who spend a lot of time in here get tired of the same old rhetoric regarding this old fella.
There is a point of redemption, and forgiveness we are all entitled to.

There was not much said in that post that was slanderous and out of the norm. I suppose we can both agree on the improper use of the word "POS" as referenced toward someone some still regard as a hero. It is an insult to those, if not anyone else.

There has been a very poor showing by Shelby American on this forum for a long time. Just about the time the likes of Bob Marsh and Brent Feninmore started posting in here and sharing information, we don't really want to chase them away because they get tired of seeing their boss being referred to in a very sophomoric way.

If my of defense Shelby doesn't sit well with you, that is OK too.
I do take issue with the generalization that somehow I have stepped over the boundaries of a good moderator by airing something you disagree.

There is no school to attend on how to become a good moderator. We learn on the job and try to make this place a fair playing field for all. Those looking for information, those looking for fun are all welcome. Not those looking for cheap thrills.

If you don't like my style of moderating take it up with the management. I need a better paying job anyway.

TURK