Thread: Ffr Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2573 & FFR 3265CP
Not Ranked     

I also have two FFR's. What convinced me was to go with FFR originally was the Tour of the factory and a drive in the car. I toured three other manufacturers facilities and rode in several Cobra's. I had also been involved in five builds of other kits and was blown away with the FFR approach. They have the lowest stance of any of the cars I've seen, about 2 inches lower than a SPF. Are lighter than most. Mine is 2220lbs Wet. The ability to use parts from the most modern of peformance vehicles. The IRS parts are the same ones still being used on the new 2004 Cobra Mustang. The 13 inch Cobra mustang brakes bolt right on.

My first car was built for street/Show use and Auto-X racing. Fuel injected 5.0 and 5 speed. A basic build with Solid rear, Mild engine mods. Weighs in at 2220lbs Wet. I have about 18000 trouble free miles on it so far and its just as solid as the day it was finished.
The second is the Daytona Coupe with a stroked 351 and Temec trans. IRS rear. New Cobra Mustang Brakes. Basically a full race machine with AC.
#3 is in the planning stages.

As for the big block, Go for it. They fit like a glove. No problem getting to plugs or wires. I have not heard of any overheating problems. But go with an aluminum radiator just in case. One of our local club members has a FFR with a 428 and Temec TKO trans. IRS rear. Its an Amazing car!!

If the power and look are the reasons you want to go big block, you might want to look into a stroked 351. You can dress it up with Pentroof valve covers and fool everyone.

Brad

http://www.drummondmotorsport.com