Thread: Ffr Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default FFR

just a few observations...

... if you must have a big block, here are a few thoughts. By the time you add up the costs and time to build a well-equipped FFR, with the nice upgraded options, you are at a price range to consider other cars as well. For around the same range, you can build a 427SC Unique deluxe pallet kit that is designed to accommodate an FE, has the Jag IRS, Carerra Coilovers, better shape, and the body is nice too, easier to work with, better resale, so on and so forth.

IMHO, I would stay away from putting a Big Block in an FFR. They are light cars to begin with, and frankly a stroked 351W would be a handful in itself. Go for a ride in one with a pumped up 302, supercharged 302, or a pumped up 351, it's very enlightening.

It seems the best value from an FFR is if you build it with a 302 and a straight axle setup, although I prefer IRS. Try to add up ALL of the costs before you get started, and hopefully that will tell you what direction to take. I've seen FFRs with 40-50K in them reselling for 15-20K less than what they have into them. Why?

My friend is just finishing up a new FFR for a customer. I've looked the car over for weeks and weeks. It just seems like FFR should also offer an upper-end car and charge a little more for it for people that want to run big blocks, more authentic type configurations. e.g. FFR needs to bring back the Contemporary. That would sell for the people like you that want to run a BB configuration. They could do it if they wanted to. Good Luck.