Thread: unique or ffr
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I started my evaluation about a year ago.

Originally I started with FF5 - I give them full credit for lighting the spark, and then over time evolved to Unique.

I ended up looking to the FIA - doesn't seem right (to me) to put a sb in a bb body style, - however...a bb is also b$, and really, after 300 HP in a 2400 lb street-car toy, ...what does it really matter? Hence I narrowed it down to the FIA (which grows on you - a lot - actually an awful lot). This meant Unique or ERA.

Also, I believe the IRS was well worth the difference (see posts on driveshaft binding on the FF5 site) - the Unique is such great value.

Ultimately, I decided to go the few extra $$ (I am buying the absolute base ERA and doing my own build), and now have an ERA on order, but it was only after a lot of soul searching.

The Unique Deluxe pallet is incredibly well priced when you add it all up (How do they do it, actually?) , with good brakes, excellent glass finish (trust me - see it in person), powder coated frame/chassis, and a spotless reputation. I would recommend it in a second.

My 2 cents, Good luck, luke-44

Enjoyment may be 9/10's anticipation, but that last 10% is oh so sweet....