View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobrashoch Hi Ron I used a Dove single plane Med Riser for my manifold. It was the easiest to convert over to Port injection. You have to watch the flow ratings on these manifolds. The Dove is only good to 6800 rpm. The Victor will flow to 8000 rpm but doesn't come in until 3500-3800 rpm. You want the high velocity of air going into each cylinder. The bigger is not always better rule comes into play. You have a larger motor than mine so you may be right in the sweet spot when running. the injector sizing is ( estimated hp x .50 or .55 if NOX or supercharged) divided by 8 will give you the injector size. I add 10% for the fudge factor. This works with a 6000 rpm limit. As far as your Victor manifold, the tune port system will have a high flow reading in the mid range than your victor. The air velocity will be higher but the limited flow per cylinder is the same problem as the webers. Nascar runs a 390 holley that flows 118 to 120% over what it is rated for. It's a black science between cam, heads, intake manifold, and exhaust. I would like to see the number differents between the victor manifold and a torker2 manifold on the same motor. How much beyond 6500 rpm are you pushing that motor. Where is the limit on the cam? A 1 inch spacer will give you the differents if you are going to 6800 rpm. The torker is 70 bucks cheaper and the same design. Talk to you latter Ron Rick Lake