View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I always say "Shelby Cobra".

I've only owned my car for a little over a month, and what surprises me is how many people have no clue what a Cobra is, even when I tell them. I think that I've been asked at least 5 times, "What kind of car is that?". I guess I just take it for granted that not everybody is a gearhead like me.

What REALLY surprises me is that I've been asked that same question by kids a lot younger than me (I'm 32) who are "car people". I mean, I've run into these kids with their import tuners and sport compacts who are impressed with my car, but have no idea what a Cobra is. Well, they have an idea, but to them a Cobra is a '93 or newer Mustang. What are the automotive publications teaching these days?!

Of course, I feel that it is my duty to then educate them about the little underdog company that took on the mean old Ferrari's, and brought home this country's only World Championship. Ahhh, that was always my favorite bed-time story (thanks, dad!).

Russ

P.S.- They REALLY get confused once you bring the "component car" part into the mix...

Last edited by Russ Dickey; 08-24-2003 at 11:46 PM..