Thread: unique or ffr
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, 351W
Not Ranked     

When I did the math a couple of years ago Unique was less than 5K more than FFR. However, I was comparing all either new or refurbished parts. Also keep in mind that I was detailing both cars out more than what others may. I prefer the body shape of the Unique and like the Jag IRS.
No one can argue that there is much less work involved completing a Unique as there is a FFR. The build process is a big part of the Cobra replica experience. For some, the build time of a Unique may be too short.
It is my opinion that because Unique’s deluxe pallet is so complete and that since the suspension and frame are already installed, there is less variety of quality in completed Unique builds as there are with FFR.
This is NOT to be construed to mean that there are not some excellent built FFR’s. In the hands of the right builder any kit will be an excellent looking and performing product. I do personally feel that FFR have gotten an unfair rap because not everyone has the skill sets or attention to details that a more extensive build requires.
I love my Unique and feel that for me, I made the best choice. Good luck in your quest.