View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Duane-
I have frequent flier miles to use, so airfare won't cost me a thing. If I get desperate, I may take you up on that offer

MrM- Why the delay? Who knows. I was told that they are running about a month behind and that vacations and labor day weekend are putting them further behind. Apparently, it is the same story at every one of the three special vehile inspection stations right now.

Rob- I did speak to Rich, many times. In fact, he hand delivered my paperwork to the inspection station. I would definetely put in a call. I first called the special titles section to find out how they were making out, once they told me that the paperwork went to the Engineering Dept., I called them to check on the progress, and once the Engineering Dept. told me that the paperwork went to the inspection station, I called them and then was scheduled for the safety inspection.

FYI- I was told that heat shields on the pipers are a must. Also, I was told that they will fail the car if there are any moving parts exposed. For instance, if you have the dual pusher fans in front, but no screen covering them, the car will fail. So if you've got them, either take them out or fashion a screen to cover the snout.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."