View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 03:56 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

Adam,

The tough part of trying to place a figure on a "one of a kind" Cobra replica is that there are no "comps" for which to judge it against. In this case, you built a beautiful Cobra to suit your own personal tastes at that time, so to find a buyer who is looking for that exact same car is going to be difficult. However, the factthat it is a one of a kind, coupled with the fact it is in a national magazine could offset the detriments. based on what I have seen on your website, it is my educated guess that it will sell somewhere in the $50,000-$59,000 range. Yes, I know, you do have a lot more invested in it than that, but based on what you have, the parts used, and the personal preferences you have chosen, this is what I believe the market will bear..................

I do wish you the best of luck in selling it. If you have any questions in regards to marketing the car properly, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS