View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     
Default "Sweet Mother of God"!!!!

I had heard about a Cobra in a garage in my neighborhood over the past year and made many drive-bys on the house and finally caught the garage door open and stopped to talk to the guy...
I knew the guy casually but not well enough to just knock on his door and ask to see his car..
The Cobra was amazing... A Contemporary with a 427 (some kind of oiler), Dove heads,428 crank, Webers, Ford toploader,Jag IRS etc... I'm not a motor head but those were a few of the things that I remember him telling me about the engine and car.... He offered to let me take the car out for a spin but I declined, I was content with a ride...
How can there ever be a debate regarding a SB/BB? I have never felt that kind of acceleration in my life... It was one of the most beautiful cars I have seen and that BB power was awesome.. I swear it could rip your head off...
He brought the car out to the Quaker Steak and Lube that evening and everyone that looked at the car had nothing but praise... No one would have changed a thing...
Now I'm wondering what a set of Webers would look like under my hood... I don't expect that kind of power but they sure would look great!!!! My wife was wondering when I'd start dumping money into the car...