View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Pat, that's an interesting question you raise on the Honker. I'll have to take a look at Pete Lyons' "Can Am" book and see if there is any discussion of the Calliope there.

I had a chance to meet Pete Lyons while walking the paddock on Sunday. What a genuinely nice guy. He seemed really flattered when I complimented him on his writing. Like Brock, he took the time to chat with a stranger.

...and as for you, Cal, Terry K. and I are still trying to figure out how you fit all of those Reese's Pieces into your elf-like frame. I bought THREE BAGS of them over the course of the weekend, and each day they were MIA after you came by the motorhome...

As far as the hospitality tent, I was allowed into it on Sunday morning (in between meal services, naturally), but only on condition that I surrender my access wristband back to Cal when he decided to grace us with his presence. Shortly thereafter, a couple of security thugs mysteriously appeared and booted me back out with the minions...Cal, didn't I see you speaking with one of them just before that?