View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my FIA Cobra to MrMustang
Not Ranked     

Actually,

I'm a certified ACCEL EMIC so that makes me quite comfortable with EFI. I've never owned a carb, what do they look like?

I programmed the system over a year ago and have never touched it since. Furthermore, when you do little modifications the 0-2 sensor corrects the fuel curve for you.

You can tinker with the DFI Gen-7 computer to your heart's content with a Laptop. But I prefer to drive and haven't needed to break out a laptop to tune in over 7,000 miles.

Once you use use a good complete system, it becomes clear why all production cars are EFI. More efficient, lower emissions, less moving parts. etc etc Nobody is ever on the side of the road looking at a fuel injector.

The key to efi is not trying to fix a car with carb problems by installing efi. A good efi system will need to be developed from the ground up. Not that retrofitting a car can't be a good thing. But often wild cam cars with poor manifolds get efi webers installed and continue to be tempermental. Cam and manifold selection is very important to having a seamless EFI installation, as is selecting a extremely good EFI computer

Adam Crabtree
www.bloodenterprises.com

www.sportscarguyspeaks.com