Thread: Oil Thermostat
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

The thermostat Roscoe shows is very good and absolutely necessary on the street to keep the oil at a minimum temperature. Mocal also makes another nifty unit which is what I am using. It is a sandwich style oil cooler adapter that mounts between the oil filter and the mounting boss on the side of the windsor block. This sandwich adapter has 1/2" NPT female threads for your hose fittings as well as a built-in thermostat. This adapter restricts oil flow to the cooler until the oil temp reaches 180*. I know it works because I run 60 lbs of oil pressure until the thermostat opens. Then the pressure dips to 55 lbs. If you are concerned about oil filter clearance using the adapter plus the standard FL1A oil filter, there is a shorter filter, the FL300 available. The adapter is approximately 1" thick installed.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."