Thread: Cobra Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

I can't comment on the original poster's interaction; perhaps it was some sort of primordial mating ritual between two cars.

But i happen to think that folk's personalities are pretty evident when they drive. When i encounter some arrrogant, stupid, aggressive, rude sort of driver, i often remark to my wife that most likely, the driver is just exactly that sort of person in all spheres of their life. There are all sorts of personalities out there, and they can become very visible when driving.

Oh, on another thread, so to speak, went to a bookstore last night, wife was at a girls card party, read for awhile, then while checking out, this man came up and asked me if the "cobra" was mine out in the parking lot. We talked for awhile, he remarked he wished his son were with him to see the car, so i invited him for a ride. Capped up his coffee, walked out, i carefully strapped him in, and we went out on the nearby interstate. I was careful to not do something dangerous or stupid myself, but i did show him the incredible performance of these cars, and when we got back, gave him one of the Superformance brouchures i carry in my car.

He was greatful, and i am sure will long remember his experience under the warm South Carolina moon and stars.

I remember years ago, i was traveling, at a gas station a Replica owner was refueling, so i walked over and started to ask him some questions, and all i got was that look that i should check my shoes to see what i had just stepped in. A lesson learned and remembered for me.

But when it comes to rude driving, it is like other experiences for me. I really try to not get bothered by the actions of others, and life is a lot happier that way.
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War