View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This goes a few years back, but I used to drive a DONOR (5.0 Mustang) with an AOD. The trans was slipping badly. Got a recommendation to go to an independent guy located in an automotive repair park (on Scottsdale Road, south of Curry on the west side of the road -- wish I could remember the name of the place... I'll see if I can look it up...).

The guy who ran the place (a one-man shop) had quit his job at a chain transmission shop because he got disgusted with how they took advantage of people. He had an older 4x4 truck in one of the bays in which he had put in an overdrive trans (GM unit, I believe). It was his. I knew I had found a fellow gearhead...

Anyway, he fixed my trans for about $120. He even called me on the telephone (mid-day) and had a big explanation about one extra part he had originally forgotten to tell me about that he suggested replacing. I thought he was going to do the big up-sell thing on me. Turns out it was a part that was less than $2. So maybe the total was closer to $122. Car ran great until I sold it -- about three years later.

Ben