View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Street Beasts

Greetings,

I was/am one of the first 20 to order one of their Cobra Coupe stretch cars a year ago. I'm a big boy...6'2" and 250# so happy to have the addtional 8" in the chassis/coupe body.

Have worked very close with Peter Travis in Sales and Pete Charbonneau who designed the car. They have picked up on a couple of my suggestions, one being to change the scabbed-on roadster style license plate to a 'frenched' design, secondly, when they added the Corvette style taillights, I was very explicit that if I had wanted a vette, I would have bought a vette
...so they added back as an alternate, the conventional
Cobra taillights. I also made suggestions as to the location
of the gas fill cap and Pete made some sketches; however
they arent production yet.....so they may do something
different.

I visited there in early August hoping to see the early production; however, they were still tweaking it and as of this writing hoping to start delivering in the Jan/Feb time frame. I dont currently have a place to build it nor paid in full yet so I dont mind the delay.

They get a major 'attaboy' in my book from the time that they have spent with me on the phone (their toll free #) and during my August visit when I spent over three hours with the now retired President Ben Harrington. I'm impressed with the fastback design, the fact that the body and floor pans/dash/wheel wells are all molded together before you get it.....I used to be part owner of a body shop that did only vettes and am hyper sensitive to e-glass, s-glass and any fiberglass resins/materials so happy to have essentially just the mechanical stuff to do.....plus paint and interior of course.

I've read some of the earlier posts about their previous days but
think they're trying really hard to win the business back with responsive customer service and willingness to talk.....with the support they've given to me at this point, I think they're worth dealing with.....I'll post more when I receive my car, hopefully, in the next 90 days.....Val

Last edited by fly4val; 12-08-2003 at 12:43 PM..