View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Not Ranked     

Richard

MAR was my home track and I know just what you mean.... and will tell you that Sam Posey did the same thing with one of Bob Sharps old Datsun 280Z when I first started..... wow .... I just never could understand how I would ever go that fast.....

And you know it always amazed me about breaking Track records... because I never thought we could go any faster .... but we did and each year they would restrict our Carbs from 44's down to 36mm's and we still went faster and broke our own records....

What a Great time to be involved in racing and learning what the "Unfair Advantage" is.....

Scott

Richard is right about the wheel rates and dampners....

Take all of the springs up 50-100# and increase the dampening and increase the rear Rebound to get it to turn in better.....doesn't transfer as much weight as fast.......notice the difference..... some of the flexibility in the chassis is not controlable but the Wheel rates are and you will be surprised how is works....

And pay attention to the Tire temps and make changes..... if you don't change you'll never go faster but make sure the change is repeatable.... and you know it did work.... ever time I went on the race track we did one or two thing to the car to figure it and the track out.... cars are very forgiveable.... and you'll be amazed how fast you notice the difference....